ILLUSTRATOR: POSTER

    For our final project in Adobe Illustrator, we had to create a poster using Illustrator's tracing tools. We had to choose a palette and limit ourselves to using five colors (with the exception of white and black). Our image and palette were supposed to be the most efficient choices to convey our message. 

I did my makeup and hair, went outside, and took photos of myself. Before I even started the project I had a message in mind and I knew exactly what I wanted to do to convey it. Here is the original photo in color and black and white: 



I may or may not have bought duct tape just for this project...

Next was to put the image in illustrator and start image tracing! After some cleaning up, testing the tools, and adding some extra touches of my own, we ended up with our base image: 


Next was the palette and the message for the poster. 

For my palette, I chose a triad color scheme. 


For my message, I wanted to choose something powerful and impactful; something that would give off my message through the art and through the text itself. 


Thus, I played off the words of the United States Pledge of Allegiance. Instead of "Liberty and Justice for All" I used the play on words to say "INJUSTICE" instead.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILLUSTRATOR: LOGO & BIZ CARDS